Be the reason your team are the BEST!
Reporting to the Managing Director and Venue Manager, you will be responsible for kitchen management. It is imperative to be a strong and fair team leader, considering each individual’s needs & requirements. You will be self-motivated and always lead by example.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Recruitment, Hiring and Management of kitchen personnel in conjunction with the Managing Director and the Venue Manager.
• Training of all kitchen staff
• Ensuring that all staff are punctual, acting fair with breaks and meal times & meeting all standards with regard to uniforms, general conduct & performance, health & hygiene, RSA, OH&S & FHSP.
• Developing weekly kitchen roster being mindful of wage costs, and staff productivity.
• To ensure all kitchen staff are maintaining accurate recipes and thorough organisation of their section and the kitchen as a whole.
• Explore revenue growth opportunities and appropriate promotions
• Assist with all marketing for the Venue with progressive menus, F&B strategies & promotions
This venue is part of the community, with strong ties to the locals and a consistent year-round trade. They are passionate about great food and frothy beverages to match. This venue is seeking a talented head chef who is willing to continue to take the food offering to new levels of excellence.
• Must have relevant high calibre of skills for the position applied and two years management experience.
• Strong local market knowledge is highly desirable.
• Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
• Exceptional customer service focus at all times
• Proven ability to lead and direct staff with respect and fairness
• Honesty and integrity in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
• Leadership and initiative
• Professionalism and respect in the discharge or duties and in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
If all of the above sounds like you then I want to hear from YOU!