Be the reason your team are the BEST!
Reporting to the Managing Director and Venue Manager, you will be responsible for kitchen management. It is imperative to be a strong and fair team leader, considering each individual’s needs & requirements. You will be self-motivated and always lead by example.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Recruitment, Hiring and Management of kitchen personnel in conjunction with the Managing Director and the Venue Manager.
• Training of all kitchen staff
• Ensuring that all staff are punctual, acting fair with breaks and meal times & meeting all standards with regard to uniforms, general conduct & performance, health & hygiene, RSA, OH&S & FHSP.
• Developing weekly kitchen roster being mindful of wage costs, and staff productivity.
• To ensure all kitchen staff are maintaining accurate recipes and thorough organisation of their section and the kitchen as a whole.
• Explore revenue growth opportunities and appropriate promotions
• Assist with all marketing for the Venue with progressive menus, F&B strategies & promotions
This venue is part of the community, with strong ties to the locals and a consistent year-round trade. They are passionate about great food and frothy beverages to match. This venue is seeking a talented head chef who is willing to continue to take the food offering to new levels of excellence.
• Must have relevant high calibre of skills for the position applied and two years management experience.
• Strong local market knowledge is highly desirable.
• Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
• Exceptional customer service focus at all times
• Proven ability to lead and direct staff with respect and fairness
• Honesty and integrity in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
• Leadership and initiative
• Professionalism and respect in the discharge or duties and in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
If all of the above sounds like you then I want to hear from YOU!
We provide you the best choice in Chef & Kitchen roles as well as Front of house and Management roles across Canberra and Southern NSW. We also recruit for Sales and reception roles, General Management of Hotels as well as Management at all levels within Quick Service Restaurants / Fast food. If you have any kind of Hospitality Management experience, let us know what your needs are and our team will go about finding a role that meets your needs. Our services are Free of charge.
ABOUT ME AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
I have worked in the Retail and Hospitality Industry for 25+ years in the areas of Retail/Hospitality and Business management.
I have also run my own businesses and understand what it takes to get the best for my clients. I understand the complexities of the Hospitality Industry. Through this knowledge and my connections, I am well positioned to be able to help you with your next career move.