An iconic Heritage venue located in the Yarra Valley High Country is gearing up for a renovation and seek an amazing Head Chef to lead the team. This is an exciting project that will see them take full creative control of the kitchen and oversee an exciting renovation that will be taking place within the following 12 months.
This position will allow you to treat the menu concept as a blank canvass, working closely with the owner to access the fabulous local produce that the area is renown for and and create an utterly memorable dining experience and build a reputation for yourself as an exceptional Head Chef!
To gain an interview for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A real passion for the restaurant industry and a zest for creative fantastic food
- An interest in local food trends and up to date with current culinary trends
- Previous experience creating a menu from scratch
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with local suppliers
- Savvy financial acumen in all areas of COGS, labour, wastage, P&L
- You must be a leader who is able to lead and inspire their team to achieve exceptional results
This is a role that requires moving or travelling to regional Victoria so if you are ready for the challenge we would love to hear from you!