About the company
We are a dedicated not for profit organisation based in Sydney West, offering a independent home care palliative care service. Our trusted network of skilled specialists and dedicated
home support staff can provide all the care our clients need so they can continue to live at home. We work in collaboration with a range of complimentary organisations to provide a holistic approach in our services. We are proud of our history, innovation and leading services and are excited about our future.
About the opportunity
You will be an experienced palliative care nurse with experience working independently in the community.
You will be responsible for providing holistic care to clients in collaboration with case managers and the internal team of the organisation. You will assess, plan, implement and evaluate your clients palliative care plans.
This role is primarily focused on the care of clients who have come from a hospital setting and moved back into their home. Therefore, experience working within a palliative care setting within the community is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide palliative care services for clients in their home
• Work closely with clients and families, liaising with the wider community to identify clinical goals
• Continuous improvement of quality care through assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation
• Working in the inner west of Sydney
Skills and Experience:
• AHPRA Registered Nurse with at least two years experience in palliative nursing care
• Community experience
• Strong understanding of clinical guidelines
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to network within the community and work closely with families and other health professionals
• Ability to think on your feet and prepared to adapt
• Current unrestricted drivers licence and willing to travel
Why this opportunity is right for you
• This opportunity is perfect for someone who wants to continue to grow their careers in the palliative care profession
• Attractive salary and benefits
• NFP Provider
• Work with a supportive and dedicated team
To apply online, please click on the apply button and attach your CV and Cover Letter preferably in Word format
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Connie Fitzpatrick on +61 2 8249 4019 or +61408 11 000 2, quoting Ref No. 148271. Please continue to check our website for other positions available.