About the Company:
A highly reputable team of professionals, supplying top quality cakes and pastries to retailers and wholesalers in the local area.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced pastry chef to assist in leading an award winning team of professionals. Doing large scale production of cakes and pastries, supplying to some very reputable local establishments in the Newcastle and Hunter area.
Duties of Responsibilities:
- Direct the creation and preparation of all pastries and baked goods
- Mass production working to a deadline
- Adhere to set recipes and taste test for quality assurance
- Provide exquisite presentation
- Ensure all pastries are uniform and up to standard
- Source and select necessary pastry ingredients
- Perform quality checks of ingredients and throw out expired goods
- Organize and store needed tools and materials (food or otherwise)
- Maintain and count inventory and work towards cost reduction methods
- Demonstrate proficiency in creation of signature desserts and pastries
- Collaborate with head chef to create exciting new desserts that compliment our menu
- Manage foods costs and inventory for pastry goods
- Stay current and informed of useful culinary trends
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, and food preparation laws
Skills and Experience:
- Trade certificate in retail baking (cake and pastry)
- Associate's degree in Pastry Arts or other culinary certification highly desired
- 2+ years of kitchen experience preferred
- Proficiency using kitchen equipment and appliances
- Dexterous, consistent, and precise baker
- Enjoys working in a collaborative kitchen
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Excels in task delegation and kitchen station management
- Clear and effective communicator
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Able to work early morning hours
- Job security
- A great work/life balance
- Potential for career progression
How to Apply
If you possess all of these attributes, please hit apply now!
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Benjamin Howarth on , quoting Ref No. 146947 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.