About the Company
This organisation has a long standing reputation within the community of providing a high quality of care to not only the clients but the people in their lives that support them. They aim to move the focus away from the ending of the clients life and instead onto their quality of life as they approach their last days.
About the Role
Managing the symptoms and pain of terminally ill patients your passion for palliative care will govern an excellent standard of care. Working within the nursing team and collaborating with the multidisciplinary team you will provide a well rounded service. Act as an advocate for clients to ensure personalised care and effective communication of their needs.
- Carry out nursing interventions in a holistic manner
- Provide client assessments in co-ordination with the MDT
- Arrange and manage family meetings to discuss client care
- Manage the symptoms and pain of clients with life limiting illness
Skills & Experience
- A current NZ Annual Practising Certificate
- Experience in Palliative Care/Oncology
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma or desire to work towards the specialism of palliative care
- A holistic approach to nursing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This organisations focuses of providing staff with both the day to day to and educational support needed to maintain an outstanding level of care. Based in the community they serve gives clients and staff a home like feel each day. Focussed on the psychosocial and spiritual needs on the client staff have exposure to more than just medical advancement of care.
- Support in education and professional development
- Clinical guidance and supervision by the on staff nurse specialist
- Be part of an organisation that had a national network
Bring your passion for palliative care and holistic approach to this inviting opportunity. Apply now.
Frontline Health are a leading network of specialist permanent health recruiters. We have roles opening and closing daily. If you are looking for your next move and this is not it, get in touch to find out how we can help.
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Krushanta Naidoo on +64 9 529 5116, quoting Ref No. 144486 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.