About the company:
Now over 30 years strong this popular destination retailer is without a doubt an employer of choice, boasting over 55 stores across the East Coast of Australia, this business is all about providing their loyal customers with the BEST service, BEAUTIFUL HIGH QUALITY and MODERN ON TREND looks for the home, from soft furnishings to stunning furniture its all there.
About the role:
This is a very exciting and quite rare opportunity to bring your experience as a buyer to this well established successful All Australian retailer.We are on the hunt for an experienced corporate buyer to join the senior support team within their vibrant Brisbane Head Office.Your background will be from a state or national buying role within furniture, home wares or fashion.
- You will source and manage all product ranges both locally and internationally across the annual seasons.
- Manage core ranges aligned to the brand, building additional lines across the departments.
- Manage inventory levels, manage sales and profitability forecasts across the stores and regions.
- Have the ability to travel internationally to meet the seasonal buys required.
- Management of the complete buying cycle.
- Be well versed with all fashion interiors trends and monitor competitor activity.
- Management of ordering and delivery to meet business expectations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and operational teams around promotional activity.
Short listed candidates required skills and experiences:
- Very strong negotiation skills and the ability to build effective and loyal business relationships.
- Previous buying experience within home wares/furniture or fashion within a retail environment.
- Have superior analytical and financial skills
- A natural and genuine passion and talent for colour, design and home wares.
- Be a superior team player, communicator both written and oral.
- Possess excellent computer skills around Excel.
- Have experience around planning for Catalogues and all formats of media and social media channels.
In return the successful candidate will enjoy excellent staff discounts and staff benefits while receiving world class professional training and development.
This opportunity will not be on the market for long.If you are an experienced State or National Retail Buyer looking for an new challenge ... APPLY NOW!
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jennifer Bush on 0403 085 885 , quoting Ref No.  or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.