About the Company
This organisation is the Google of Healthcare. A fun place to work, based in central Christchurch, with a very critical service provided across New Zealand. With leading edge technology and an ever increasing number of ways to provide the service, this is a significant part of the future of healthcare. They provide 24/7 telephone, text and online support to people with mental health concerns. The primary client group would be those suffering from sexual abuse but would at times include other clients such as those with depression and general counselling.
About the Role
Imagine sitting at your desk with a caller on the phone. You use your professional recommendation and therapeutic engagement skills to support them and those around them. All the while you log the call and take guidance from the on-line protocols. You are the person they are turning to for advice on just what to do next. Across the country, they call and you are the one to listen and guide them.
Skills & Experience
• Qualification in Counselling, Addiction, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker
• Registered with the appropriate New Zealand registration body
• At least 5 years experience working in Trauma, Sexual Abuse and Mental Health
• A clear and calm telephone manner and effective listening skills
• Good computer skills and the ability to multitask
• Ability to work 24x7 rostered shifts
• Deliver services to callers with complex needs
• Risk identification and interventions when necessary
• Supervision support and ability to debrief with senior colleagues
• Act in a patient, supportive and professional manner
• Actively participate in quality and service improvement
• Work across a 24x7 rotational shift roster
• A significant investment in your on-boarding training
• Salary in line with MECA and nights & weekends have penal rates
• Choose to work a minimum of 24 hours a week up to 40 hours
• Career opportunities for the right candidates in this growing company
• Supportive leadership and clinical supervision
If you want to be a part of the future of healthcare in this growing sector, apply now
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Linda Smith on +64 9 529 5116, quoting Ref No. 142168 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.