About the company
This iconic and historical venue is known by all as the "place to be"!! With a long standing history in the Rockhampton region, it is a very busy, fast paced pub that offers quality dining at a reasonable price. With a dedicated Main Restaurant area, Beer Garden, Sports Bar, Kids area and function spaces, it is by far the busiest venue in the region. With something to suit everyone's taste, it is no wonder they are constantly and consistently the talk of the town. They have an excellent reputation and are seeking a talented and dedicated Sous Chef and Chef De Partie to join their tight knit professional team! They offer the chance to work with a highly skilled and passionate Head Chef who loves to teach new up and coming talent to guide them through their career path.
About the Role
Working in a close knit team of 6 chefs, you will have experience in a fast paced A la Carte dining environment. This venue does approximately 250 covers a night on a consistent basis so the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of presentation and standards is absolutely essential. You will need to possess a keen eye for detail, have worked in all sections of a busy kitchen and have exceptional communication skills to be successful in this role. With 1 months free accommodation for candidates who relocate and an attractive salary package on offer this is an amazing opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a high vole iconic venue.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience at a Sous Chef or Chef de Partie level in a high volume environment essential
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working all sections in a fast paced kitchen
- An excellent understanding of all Food Safety Principles, OH&S policies and HACCAP principles
- Full availability to work across all service periods on all days of the week
- Exceptional communication skills essential!
Benefits & Rewards
- Work for the busiest and most iconic venues in Rockhampton
- 1 months free accommodation for relocating candidates
- Work with a tight knit team of industry professionals under the guidance of a talented and passionate Head Chef
- Immediate start on offer
- Attractive Salary package on offer
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lauren Spear on , quoting Ref No. 141133 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.