About the Company
From the kimono wearing staff, to the low seating and Japanese beers on the menu, this restaurant is designed to give you a taste of the best of Japanese food and a unique dining experience. Many locals rate this Japanese as the best Japanese in town. Step inside and you will be transported from Brisbane straight to traditional Japan. From the Japanese music, bamboo and low Japanese seating overlooking Brisbane Waters, every detail has been carefully planned.
About the Role
Voted Brisbane's best Japanese Restaurant, this Venue are looking for a talented Sushi Chef to join their team and help run one of the busiest sections in this electric and fun venue. This venue is energetic and electric, a place where staff enjoy working and friends come together to enjoy great food in a sensational venue. This restaurant's Sushi chefs are creating exciting visual presentations using some of the best and freshest products available on the market. With a traditionally inspired menu, joining as a Sushi Chef will certainly develop your already sharp knife skills, understanding of flavours and ability to produce sensational, beautiful dishes.
Skills & Attributes
- 2+ years experience as a Sushi Chef
- The ability to perform under pressure in a high volume kitchen
- Be able to work a mix of days, nights, and weekends
- High standards of what great Sushi is
- A keen understanding of food trends
- A clear love of Sushi and being a Chef
- A motivating and high-energy personality
- A strong understanding of Japanese produce, culinary techniques, and kitchen equipment
- Proven knowledge and experience handling fish and prepping for a Sushi section
- Exceptional knife skills
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards
- Be fast, efficient, and work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of food & safety standards and HACCP
Benefits & Culture
- Immediate start on offer
- Excellent career progression
- The opportunity to get in and work for a successful company known as 'Brisbane's best Japanese dining restaurant'
- Close to all public transport
- Endless opportunities with a growing and expanding company
If this sounds like your next Sushi Chef move, APPLY TODAY!
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Samantha Dean on , quoting Ref No. 146583 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.