About The Company
This 48 room village style hotel located in the stunning Kakadu National Park consists of 48 rooms of varying style with an additional 77 rooms dedicated solely for their amazing staff!! With its oasis style atmosphere, this property offers an inviting shaded swimming pools, bistro-style dining, bars, petrol station and a store that offers locally-made crafts as well a wide range of essentials for touring. It is an amazing destination for all types of tourists and is part of one of Australia's leading hotel groups! This is an indigenous owned property and a collection of Kakadu wetland cruises, 4WD Kakadu Adventure tours, cultural experiences and Kakadu accommodation. It is the largest collection of facilities catering to tourism in Kakadu and is focused on positive indigenous outcomes.
About The Role
My client is seeking an experienced and professional Tours Manager to lead and drive our dedicated Tours Department. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be well experienced in managing and operating a high volume Tours Operation with a strong focus on new business opportunities with financial and operational planning. The successful candidate will come from a proven background in operational Tourism with Sales experience and possess strong business acumen with a determination to achieve positive outcomes for the business and the local community as a senior leader for Kakadu Tourism. The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, with well-developed interpersonal skills, have superior conflict resolution abilities and come with professional managerial experience. This is an opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest hotel groups with a amazing team of hospitality professionals who love what they do!
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years Managerial experience leading teams in a Business/Tourism environment
- Proven ability to drive quality customer experiences and revenue with a strong knowledge of profit and loss, and maintaining operating costs
- Experience with new product development and a demonstrated proven track record in new business implementation
- Leading, mentoring and developing indigenous and non-indigenous staff members through prior experience in indigenous tourism operations
- Demonstrated experience in financial accountability and knowledge of business operations through writing and implementing business plans, budgets and presenting reports at Board level
- The ability to love and work in the Kakadu National Park
Benefits & Rewards
- An excellent salary on offer with Free Accommodation!!
- meals provided and Hotel discounts worldwide
- The chance to work environment that fosters training and development
- Real career progression opportunities!
Seeking a job change now?
When you fill out a confidential profile with Frontline Hospitality, it goes to our team of experienced recruiters and that's who you have working for you the Frontline Hospitality team. Our unique system of recruitment means the whole team will be trying to find you the right job. Whether it is now or in the near future we will continue to match positions to suit your needs until we find you the perfect job!
Or just looking around?
We highly recommend that you come and see us even if you are not officially in the job market. Once we understand what you are looking for we keep you in the know, because no one knows Hospitality like us.
Also, the majority of positions we fill are done so without advertising! Existing Frontline Hospitality registered candidates often get the first look at new opportunities.
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lauren Spear on 0422712748, quoting Ref No. 148645 or otherwise please check out our website for other available positions.