Your privacy is important to us.
Frontline Recruitment Group Pty Ltd and Frontline Recruitment Group NZ Pty Ltd (“Frontline”) in Australia and New Zealand and their related bodies corporate and their respective recruitment agency franchisees are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information, including visitors to our websites. This policy outlines how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold.
Frontline is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) in Australia; and by the Information Privacy Principles (IPP) contained in the Privacy Act 1993 in New Zealand. It is Frontline’s policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It includes the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
What is sensitive information? (Australia Only)
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about you including: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, and health or disability information (at any time). As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive Information?
Frontline will collect your personal and sensitive information, for our own use and on behalf of other members of Frontline who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
The other members of Frontline are its related bodies corporate and its and their respective recruitment agency franchisees. Frontline will use your personal information, including any sensitive information, and disclose this to other members of Frontline in Australia or New Zealand in connection with your work placements.
How will your information be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected about you when we receive:
- a completed online registration (via our candidate portal) or application form or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
- Any reference about you
- Results of inquires that we might make of your former employees, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- The results of any competency or medical test or background check
- Performance feedback about you
- Any complaint from or about you in the work place
- Any information on a workplace accident in which you are involved
- Information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any additional information about you that you provide us with
WHAT GENERAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE?
We gather information about all of our website users collectively, such as what areas users visit more frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall website experience for you.
Frontline websites include:
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OUR WEBSITES?
In some instances we may need specific information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, etc. We will collect this information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
What will we use your personal and sensitive information for?
Your personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with:
- your actual and possible work placement;
- career guidance or management;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our identification of your training needs;
- informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail, email and /or SMS;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- undertaking criminal or other background reference checks;
- for research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you;
- our direct marketing to you.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
Who do we disclose your personal and sensitive information to?
We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Frontline and trusted third parties
- Frontline employees, franchisees and their employees
- Our insurers
- Potential employers in Australian and New Zealand (and any other countries where Frontline may provide its services in the future) regarding possible work placements or to assist us in providing our services to you
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A workers compensation body
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our IT contractors and database engineers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the Frontline websites.
HOW DO WE MANAGE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All Frontline staff are trained to understand their obligations in relation to the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. Any breach of your privacy will be taken very seriously and may result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon the circumstances. Frontline has an appointed Privacy Officer to ensure that our management of personal information is in accordance with this policy and the relevant Privacy Acts.
HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE?
Frontline takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up to date and complete. We understand that information changes frequently eg. changes of address. We generally update your personal information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
If you have created a profile on our candidate portal accessed via one of our websites, you are able to review and edit your personal information at any time by logging into your account and reviewing your profile. You can disable your account by contacting the Privacy Officer.
ENQUIRIES & COMPLAINTS
You can make enquiries, requests to access or correct your information, or complain about alleged breaches of the relevant Privacy Acts to our Privacy Officer:
Frontline Recruitment Group
02 8016 5400
GPO Box 3893
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Frontline Recruitment Group
+ 61 2 8016 5400
GPO Box 3893
SYDNEY NSW 2001
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, in Australia you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC); or in New Zealand you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in both the Australian Privacy Principles and the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
To make a request to access your personal information, you may need to complete an application form to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Officer for an application form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made and provide access to the information in the manner requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal and the process for escalation regarding this refusal.
You may request that we correct the personal information that we hold about you if you deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps under the circumstances to correct the information.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons detailing our refusal to correct the information and the process for escalation regarding this refusal. Should we refuse you may ask us to place with the information a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading and we will take such reasonable steps under the circumstances to associate the statement with your information. If you wish to exercise your rights of correction you should contact our Privacy Officer for an application form. We will not charge you for making the request to correct your information or associating a statement.